South Elmham Community News
Rumburgh & St. Michael Newsletters
7th June 2021
At last things to seem to be getting to a new sort of normality.
- Halesworth Pumas who play on Rumburgh cricket ground had their first game last week. The next home game is this Tuesday 8th June.
I think the start time is around 6:00pm. I heard there were several spectators who had the foresight to take a garden chair and some liquid refreshment. Others went to the Rumburgh Buck after the game, a good time was had by all especially as the Pumas won their first game of the season.
Other home games in the diary are: Tuesday July 7th, Tuesday July 20th, Thursday 29th July, Tuesday 3rd August. There are others later to be confirmed.
- Also back on track is the quiz at the Rumburgh Buck on Wednesday June 30th. Teams of 6 and booking is advisable. 01986 785 257.
- On Sunday July 18th is the Charity Tractor Run to raise money for the Waveney Food Bank and The Liberty Project. £10 per tractor and £1 per passenger. Starting at Sotterly Park and stopping at Brampton Village Hall for lunch at about 12:30. I am sure there will be more info nearer the time.
- The Sole Bay Health Centre are no longer offering vaccinations because there are not enough people coming to appointments. Local surgeries will still be vaccinating though.
- The Halesworth Hopper is now running again.
If you have anything happening in your village that I can include for you, please let me know, and then afterwards how the event went.
- On Sunday 13th June, For The Saints Benefice, 10 am, St. Margaret South Elmham and at 17:00 an outdoor service at St. James South Elmham.
- For The Blyth Valley, services can be found on their website www.blythvalleychurches.org.uk
Looks as if summer is finally here.
Take care, Sange and Steve